If you're having trouble auto-posting your content, there may be a few different reasons why. Let’s break them down.
We are official Instagram Partners and use their official API. All logins and authentications used by PLANOLY are through Instagram and Facebook's Graph API and, as an official marketing partner of Instagram and Facebook, we have to follow and abide by their rules and guidelines. Thus, we do not have or store any of our users' login information or put them at risk of having their sensitive information compromised.
Why Isn’t My Content Auto-Posting?
You haven’t enabled auto-post.
- Open the PLANOLY app on your mobile device.
- Tap on the More Options icon (three dots, bottom right).
- Tap on the Enable Auto-Post banner.
The Instagram profile may not be connected to the appropriate Facebook page:
- Log in to Facebook
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to Instagram
- Find Manage Instagram on Facebook
- Instagram Account Details should show your IG handle
Facebook has expired your authorization token:
- You’ll need to re-authenticate your Instagram or Facebook account to grant PLANOLY permission to auto-post.
- The Facebook Business Page must be authenticated with PLANOLY to enable this feature.
Your post doesn’t meet the auto-post guidelines and restrictions set by Instagram:
- You're receiving a red error message when scheduling posts or your auto-posts are failing.
- You can check if your images are set to auto-post by locating the white paper airplane in the top left corner of the image’s thumbnail when looking at your grid.
You have an unrecognized link, tool, or app within your Instagram profile:
Instagram automatically detects if certain apps or tools are added to a user's profile. When they detect something that is not whitelisted by them, they take specific action against the account.
We suggest checking the official Instagram Partners directory list
to see if any app or tool linked to your Instagram account is not listed. If it is not listed, you should contact the app/tool that you are using and let them know there seems to be an issue with your Instagram profile. Usually, removing any access they have linked to your IG account will resolve this issue.
If there are any apps that should not be linked, make sure they are removed. You may also need to change your IG password and then try to authenticate the Facebook Business Page with PLANOLY again.
These tools include:
- Tools that automatically gives you likes/comments/followers
- Can access your data
- Links used in the Instagram Profile
You are not a Business account on Instagram:
The caption was too long:
- Character Limit: 2,000 Characters*
- Hashtag Limit: 30 Hashtags*
- User Tagging: 10 Users*
- Social Networks: Instagram only
- Combined total Hashtags between Caption and First Comment: 30
- Facebook API issue, try manually posting your content or re-schedule your auto-post for a different time.