Tweet directly to Twitter using PLANOLY
5/5/21 Update: PLANOLY is currently experiencing the inability to successfully auto-post to Twitter due to a rate limit issue. We apologize for the inconvenience! Please refrain from scheduling auto-post until this error is resolved. In the meantime, we recommend tweeting via Twitter directly or scheduling auto-posts earlier in the day.
With PLANOLY, you can upload, plan, and schedule your tweets to directly publish to Twitter.
Enable Auto-Post for Twitter
- Go to your Profile Page
- Scroll down to Managed Social Profiles
- Under the Twitter Auto Post row, click on Activate for Social Media Profile you want to enable auto-post for.
- Log in with the specific Twitter account
- Auto-Post to Twitter is now enabled.
Unposted content scheduled prior to May 6 will need to be rescheduled in order to enable Twitter auto-post.
Requirements and Settings
- Premium Feature: Only available on paid plans.
- Twitter profile must be linked to an Instagram Business Profiles.
- Content must also have auto-post to Instagram enabled, for each post that will also be shared to Twitter.
Guidelines and Limitations
- Only single images and videos can be auto-posted to Twitter.
- GIFs will be converted to video before posted to Twitter.
- For more information about specific media requirements for Twitter, see here
- Only the first 280 characters in the caption will be added to the Twitter post.
- If content fails to auto-post to Instagram, it also will not auto-post to Twitter. You will receive a push notification alerting you to manually post the content to the specific Social Media platforms.
- If content successfully publishes to Instagram but fails to post on Twitter, you will receive a push notification alerting you to manually post the content to Twitter.
- If your Twitter token expires, the toggle to enable auto-post to Twitter will be turned off (grey). Click on the toggle to re-authenticate your Twitter credentials and permission to auto-post using PLANOLY.