Lost your connection with Facebook in Planoly? We've got you covered with step-by-step instructions below.
In order for Planoly to access your social profiles, it requires access tokens that authorize Planoly to Auto-Post on your behalf. Access tokens are provided by the social media network when you connect your social profiles through an industry-standard process called OAuth.
Reasons Why Access Tokens Might Expire
Updated social profile credentials (i.e. password, username, etc.)
Explicit lifespans of an access token
Planoly losing permissions to publish such as revoked permission settings or connected profile no longer has Admin access
Social media platform updates
How to Re-Authorize the Connection
- Log into your account on a computer web browser
- Click on Add & Edit Social Connections
- Hover over the account that needs to be re-authenticated and you will see the message to fix the connection
- Click on the Channel Disconnected. Click to Fix
- Choose which profile type your Instagram is, either Business or Creator
- Choose Yes when it asks if you have created a Facebook Business page for your account as this is a Facebook requirement
- Follow the steps and make sure to toggle on ALL Instagram accounts, ALL Facebook Business pages, and ALL Business Integrations
- After that, you should see that the account was connected and you are done!