Pin Planner is a planning tool for your Pinterest content. Upload Pins, plan, and schedule in advance from the PLANOLY web dashboard.
How Does It Work?
Pin Planner has three tabs to view – library, scheduled, and published. Your Pins will show up in chronological order in your media library, so all of your newest scheduled Pins will show up in the left-hand corner from left to right and top to bottom.
How to Plan Your Pins
- Click on the Pin Planner on your PLANOLY dashboard.
- You can either drag and drop content from your desktop to your Pin Planner dashboard or upload content, from Google Drive or DropBox, by clicking on the plus (+) icon on the left planning bar.
- When your content is uploaded, you can click on any Pin to schedule. You can also drag a Pin directly onto your scheduling calendar to the desired date, and the schedule view will pop up.
- In the Schedule View, add in your Pin Title, Pin Description, and a Pin URL to drive traffic back to your site.
- Then, select a board for your Pin OR create a new board. When creating a new board, there’s also an option to make it a ‘secret board’ (simply turn on the ‘secret’ toggle!).
- Choose your desired date and time and click ‘SAVE’
PLANOLY Pro Tip: Once a Pin is scheduled, it’ll move over to your scheduled tab, and a light blue (S) icon will appear on the top left corner of the Pin. If a Pin has been published, it’ll move over to the published tab and have a grey detailed tab under it with your board information, day, and time it was published as well as these three metrics: Impressions, Saves, and Clicks for each particular Pin.
Pin Planner Video Uploads
With Video Content Dominating Pinterest, Pin Planner Does Support Uploading Video Content
Required to Upload Videos to Pin Planner
- In order to upload videos to your Pin Planner, you must be set up as a Pinterest Business Account and be on any of our paid plans. Upgrade Here
- Pinterest will review any published videos within 24 hours and approve videos prior to going live on Pinterest. Here are their community guidelines.
You can publish videos on Pinterest, however, there are a few guidelines:
- The review status by Pinterest to post your video will take up to 24hrs
- This is a Premium feature for Paid PLANOLY accounts only
- Video API supports MP4 or QuickTime format
- All video files should be H.264 or H.265 encoded (all profiles and levels are supported)
- Both mono and stereo streams are supported in the following formats: AAC, HE-AAC v1, HE-AAC v2, ALAC, FLAC, MP3, and WMA
- Videos should be between 4 seconds and 15 minutes
- Videos need to be 100 MB file size
Once your video is published to Pinterest, it can have one of the following video status messages:
- Video Processing (error message text in black): Your video is being processed.
- Processing Failed (red text): The video failed to process, and you can try again later.
- Video in Review (black text): Pinterest is currently reviewing the video. (Please note that some videos may take over 24 hours to be approved.)
- Video Failed Review (red text): Pinterest has rejected the video for objectionable content. Please review Pinterest Community Guidelines for more info. If successful, it’s scheduled or published correctly.
How to add videos to your Pin Planner:
- Log into your PLANOLY account on a web dashboard
- Select your Pinterest profile
- Under the Plan, tab click Add to Library
- Select a Source
- Upload your video to your plan grid
- Add Pin Title, Pin Description, Pin URL, Select Board, Select a Date, and Save