The PLANOLY Pin Planner is a free feature within the PLANOLY dashboard and mobile app to help save you time curating, planning, and scheduling your Pinterest content. Here, we’ll share how it works and our community’s most frequently asked questions.
What is the PLANOLY Pin Planner, and How Does it Work?
PLANOLY’s Pin Planner will allow you to seamlessly integrate Pinterest planning into your social marketing needs. PLANOLY is an official Pinterest Partner in order to help you manage and simplify your social marketing initiatives. We want our Pin Planner to help you seamlessly integrate Pinterest planning within your social marketing endeavors— just as you would when you plan posts for Instagram!
How it Works
- First, link your Pinterest account to your PLANOLY account.
- Access the PLANOLY Pin Planner both on desktop and mobile app to begin mapping out and scheduling your Pinterest content.
- Upload content to your Library and gain a clear picture of your upcoming Pinterest content through the ‘Scheduled’ and ‘Published’ tabs.
- Analyze your Pinterest content and performance with our premium Pinterest analytics feature. Review metrics over the course of the last 7 days, 30 days, and 90 days by looking into your audience insights, Pins, board overviews, and more.
- Reach larger audiences, keep your boards fresh, and elevate your Pinterest content using our premium ‘campaigns’ feature.
PLANOLY Pin Planner Frequently Asked Questions
#1 Do I need to have a Pinterest business account to use Pin Planner?
You do not need a Pinterest business account to access our Pin Planner, although we highly recommend creating one (it’s free). With a Pinterest Business account, you can gain additional insights into Pinterest Analytics (both on Pinterest and our Pin Planner) and better understand top-performing Pins and audience engagement to further build on your content strategy.
#2 What benefits do I gain on Pin Planner through a paid PLANOLY plan?
With a paid PLANOLY account, you’ll have access to:
- Unlimited content uploads when planning
- Advanced Pinterest analytics
- Video uploading
#3 How do I upload my own content to Pinterest through the Pin Planner?
You can upload content directly on your Pin Planner dashboard by clicking on ‘+Add To Library’ on the left-hand side of your screen. You can also utilize our drag and drop feature to drag and drop content from your desktop onto the dashboard.
#4 How do I schedule a Pin through Pin Planner?
To schedule a Pin on PLANOLY’s Pin Planner, simply click on your uploaded content within your ‘Library’ and choose your specific day and time for that Pin. You can also use the drag and drop feature here to drag and drop your content onto your selected calendar date through via our ‘Month’ or ‘Week’ view on the PLANOLY Calendar.
#5 Can I use the quick schedule feature on Pin Planner?
You can use PLANOLY’s quick schedule feature to upload content to Pinterest even more easily through your Pin Planner dashboard!
#6 What information do I need to include within my Pin?
In order to ensure that your Pin packs a punch, make sure to include all of the necessary information on your Pin. Make sure to include the following:
- Pin Title: Create a thoughtful title that speaks to the content within your Pin.
- Pin Description: Get creative with your description! Draw your audience in by highlighting fun aspects about this Pin within the copy of your description.
- Pin URL: Link to the correct URL in order to drive traffic to the proper source.
You’ll also want to select the board for that Pin along with the corresponding date!
#7 Who is Pinterest for? Should I use it for my brand?
Pinterest reaches 400 million active users per month! Pinterest allows you to make your content forever discoverable, gives a peek into your target audience’s interests, and helps you grow your brand. One of the most powerful, yet seemingly overlooked, social platforms on the web is Pinterest. Still, if you’re a business owner looking to take your social media to the next level, we highly recommend taking the plunge into Pinterest.
#8 How do I make the most out of my Pinterest Profile?
It is always important to include your name or business name, along with a short bio so that Pinners know who you are and what your business offers. Also, make sure to customize your profile by creating boards and including photos that truly highlight your business. You should also claim your website to gain attribution for any Pins on Pinterest that come from your account, whether Pinned by you or Pinned by others.
#9 Can I schedule Idea Pins?
Although PLANOLY is an official Pinterest partner, the company still sets certain limitations on what we can and cannot do. Among those current limitations are auto-posting or scheduling Idea Pins. Unfortunately, we have no control over this issue at the time. But if and when Pinterest lifts those restrictions, we'll be the first to offer that feature!
#10 Can I schedule Video Pins to Pin Planner?