You can plan and schedule carousel posts on both the mobile app and web dashboard. Additionally, you can manually post through our mobile app via push notifications or set up auto-post to all of our social channels.
How to Upload Carousel Posts
- On either the web dashboard or mobile app, click on the '+' to upload your content to your grid
- Select your content to upload
- Choose Upload as Carousel
- From your grid, open up your carousel to add your caption
- Choose a time and date you want your auto-post to send out OR click on Post Now to post it right away
- If you choose to schedule your post for later, make sure to click on Save
Planoly Pro Tip: When posting via Post Now or push notification, as soon as you click the link or notification, your image is removed from your grid and placed in your History (found in the menu on the mobile app). Once you post it, Instagram then sends the image back to your Planoly grid as a posted image.
How to Merge Single Posts into a Carousel from the Web Dashboard
- Go to your Plan Dashboard on the Planoly Web Dashboard
- Select the single post images that you would like to Merge into a Carousel Post and click Merge
- Click Merge > Merge & Save
- The single-image posts have now been merged into a Carousel Post
- You can schedule your carousel for auto-post or post it right away
- If a caption is present on any posts, they will be combined as well
Please Note: Once you merge content, this action cannot be undone. You can only merge grid posts into other grid posts. You cannot merge Stories posts into other Stories posts.
How to Schedule and Manually Post your Carousel Post from Planoly to Instagram via Push Notifications
- Open an unscheduled carousel post from your plan grid
- Click into the date and time section and choose a date and time you wish to schedule the post, then click Save
- On the plan grid, you will see a blue 'S' on the post you scheduled which indicates that this post is set to be manually posted via Planoly's push notifications through our mobile app
- To ensure your push notifications are enabled, tap on the profile icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the Planoly mobile app
- Scroll down until you see Notifications
- Toggle on ALL options and then click Save
- You should be all set!
Planoly Pro Tip: You can also utilize the 'Post Now' feature on your mobile device if you wish to post immediately. A friendly reminder, the 'Post Now' feature is not currently available on the web dashboard.
Carousel Post Guidelines
- Up to 10 media items can be added to a carousel post
- Videos are not supported at this time
- Size Limit: 8MB Maximum
- Image Types: BMP, JPEG, PNG
- Ratio Specs: Within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range
- All images are required to be the same size as the first image on the carousel
- Limitations: Cannot post videos, tag users or locations at the moment
Planoly Pro Tip: Instagram does not support tagging users or locations on Carousel posts outside of Instagram. If you wish to have users and a location tag on your post, this will need to be added once it’s published and lives on Instagram.