Here are the answers to the most common questions we get!
Can I auto-post Stories to Instagram?
Stories Posts are eligible for auto-posting via our web dashboard. Business IG accounts are able to auto-post single-story posts, as carousel posts are not eligible on Stories. Merging single posts into a carousel is also not eligible. The recommended aspect ratio is 9:16 for all Stories posts. Captions will not be included when posting to Stories, so you will have to manually add these once posted to Instagram.
Instagram Requirement: To be eligible for auto-post on Planoly, users must be an Instagram Business account type. Personal and Creator accounts do not have access to auto-post.
If you'd rather manually post these through the push notifications, you are welcome to do that. Please see steps below.
To manually post:
Can I auto-post Carousels to Instagram?
Carousel Posts are eligible for auto-posting via our mobile app and web dashboard. Users can customize their carousel captions for Instagram and Facebook and add a first comment (only available on the web) to their Instagram carousel post on the web. Below are some of Instagram's limitations or you can read more about Instagram Guidelines and Limitations.
- Up to 10 media items can be added to a carousel post
- Videos are not supported at this time
- Size Limit: 8MB Maximum
- Image Types: BMP, JPEG, PNG
- Ratio Specs: Within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 aspect ratio range.
- All images require to be the same size as the first image on the carousel.
- Limitations: Cannot post videos, tag users & location at the moment
Instagram Requirement: To be eligible for auto-post on Planoly, users must be an Instagram Business or Creator account type. Personal accounts do not have access to auto-post.
Why is my Instagram account not linking to Planoly?
Your IG account may not be linking because your account is not a Business account, so you will need to check which profile type you are. If you are a Personal Instagram account, you'll want to make sure to follow these steps: How to Link your Instagram Personal Account to Planoly
If you are a Business or Creator Instagram account, you'll want to make sure to follow these steps: How To Link Your Instagram Business or Creator Account to Planoly
Once you've linked via the Business profile option, you'll want to make sure the following settings are set up properly to activate auto-posting and authenticate with Facebook.
- How to Set Up Auto-Post [Step 1]
- How to Set Up Auto-Post [Step 2]
- How to Set Up Auto-Post [Step 3]
- How to Set Up Auto-Post [Step 4]
How do I schedule a split image?
Planoly Requirement: You can only create a split image through our mobile app, but once it has been created, you can plan and schedule it on both the mobile app and web dashboard.
When scheduling a split image on the plan grid, it’s important to schedule them at least 1-2 minutes apart in order. If you don’t space out the times, Instagram won’t be able to decipher the order of the images scheduled. In turn, they won’t post in the proper order. Here’s everything you need to know to use our Splitter Tool on the Planoly mobile app.
Can I tag a location on Instagram through Planoly?
Facebook has made changes to its API which has impacted our usage of the Location Tagging feature. Location Tagging is based on page locations offered by Facebook. For this reason, this is why it is not pulling the same locations as Instagram. It does have to pull locations directly through Facebook pages which we have no control over, unfortunately.
The good news is that you can still go into your post on IG once it's posted and manually add a location if you'd like.
Does Planoly have a referral program?
We do not at this time. In fact, we have an influencer program. Here’s how it works:
- Are you a social media manager and content creator?
- Apply for our influencer program here.
- If we see fit, a Planoly representative will contact you for more details.
Why isn’t my content posting to Facebook?
- Are you on a free plan? Auto-posting to your linked Facebook page is only available with our paid plans.
- Only auto-posted Instagram content is eligible to be directly posted to a linked Facebook Business Page.
- You’ll need to enable auto-post to Facebook on your profile page.
- Instagram also detects if certain apps or tools are added to a user’s profile.
- Facebook whitelists select apps that could prohibit content from said apps or tools. Examples are specific ‘link in bio’ apps.
- Here’s more on auto-posting your Instagram content to Facebook.
How can I customize my subscription?
The great news is that all of our paid plans are customizable! They do come standard with a certain number of social sets and users, but you can add on additional social sets and users!
- Our largest plan, the Professional plan, can only be purchased via the desktop version of your Planoly account through our billing provider. If you've previously purchased a plan through Apple's in-app subscriptions on your mobile app, you'll want to cancel and then upgrade through our website at www.Planoly.com.
Additional Resources: Here is more information on our paid plans!
How do I get to the Hashtag Manager?
There are two ways to access our Hashtag Manager.
- Click on the profile icon in the bottom right-hand corner
- Select Settings
- Under social profile, tap on Hashtags
- Log into your account
- At the top of the plan grid, you'll see the # icon
Can I switch languages on my Planoly profile? / Do you offer ALT text?
We're looking to possibly implement language changes in the future but we currently only offer Planoly in English.
Additionally, at this time, we do only offer Portuguese as an alternative language on the app, and unfortunately, we do not provide any other ALT text on our platform. Only Instagram allows you to add that if you'd like.
*Note: Instagram does not support this feature via their API and unfortunately, they have not provided us with a timeline on when this will be available.
How can I add emojis when scheduling on Planoly?
Does Planoly offer dark mode on iOS or Android?
Yes, the Planoly mobile app has a dark mode for Android and iOS. Dark Mode is shown based on your device settings. You can also switch between light and dark modes in your Planoly App settings.
Additional Resources: Check out our blog here: Planoly Frequently Asked Questions: What You Need to Know
For more, here’s our step-by-step guide on enabling and scheduling to auto-post on Planoly mobile or the web.